Establishing a community built playground project can not only save money but can also prove to be a very valuable and rewarding experience.
What is Community Built?
A professionally supervised installation using volunteers from your church & community
- We provide the guidance
- Your community provides the sweat!
What are the benefits of a community built playground?
More Playground for your money
- Up to 40% total project savings
- Builds strong relationships with your church and the neighbors
- Creates a sense of community pride and ownership
Can you do it?
What are the things that need to be considered in order to do a community built?
- Organizing 5-8 committees and recruiting volunteers
- Fundraising and/or seeking in-kind donations
- Volunteer training
- Involving kids
- Hard, physical work
- Site prep and/or old playground removal
- Build day activities, equipment, food and drink
- Grand opening planning and celebration